What is the MT EcoGuide and what are its objectives?
Many of the most important advances in the area of language technologies, in particular machine translation (MT), and language resources have come from Europe. With a considerable body of work in Europe ongoing in the field, MT EcoGuide acts as a pathfinder through the European machine translation ecosystem. It aims at providing:
- practical hints and recommendations for use of MT and language resources and tools for MT use;
- practical hints and recommendations for funding opportunities;
- a concise picture of where the EU stands with regard to language resources for MT;
- an outlook and recommendations geared at European, national and regional policy and decision makers, with emphasis on the CEF and related national and regional services.
Who should consult the MT EcoGuide?
Developers and providers of language technology, especially machine translation, who are interested in language resources in an operational context, and are looking for funding opportunities for their projects, as well as developers and providers of language resources interested in making language resources usable in an operational context for the MT use, and are looking for funding opportunities for their projects. Check out our FAQs & Recommendations on LR and MT.
Policy and decision makers who are interested in measures that can be introduced to accelerate the uptake of language technology, especially MT in public services and business, and can support reaching the end result of ubiquitous MT deployment across Europe. Check out our general FAQs on LT and MT.
End users of language technology, especially machine translation: European business, public services, language service providers, and citizens that need solutions for their multilingual needs. Check out our general FAQs on LT and MT.
Click on the links below to consult the EcoGuide:
- All you want to know about Language Resources
- All you want to know about Funding
- LT/MT for Decision Makers
Click here for a PDF version of the complete MT EcoGuide.